It’s 5am, the sun is already up, and the week is about to begin, and I still haven’t slept. My body clock is so screwed up.
Anyway. Somewhere in the middle of whiling time away, and surfing, and letting the Twilight movie play in the other computer screen (I sometimes let a random movie play in the background in lieu of playing music), Bella’s room caught my attention and suddenly, a light switched on in my head.
At the risk of sounding like a Twilight fanatic, I started searching for photos and DIY overhauls and replicas inspired by Bella’s room. The best source I could find was this squidoo page. Not that I want to replicate her room, I just think that some of the details in her room are worth the second look.
Some interesting items inside Bella’s room:
(1) Blue & purple bed sheets. I think I’m going to start seeing purple in a different light. And I say this for the first time in my life — I think purple is beautiful. And it looks pretty with blue, too. Woot, I’m crossing over.
(2) Corkboard with lots and lots of pictures and posters and post-its and junk. Now this one is not so hard for me to replicate. In fact, a messy corkboard has been a standard item in my bed room since college. Here’s one of the few times one can say that messy is a cool decorative element.
(3) Vintage desk with lots of artsy stuff and junk. I don’t think I need more junk in my desk, though.
(4) Vintage dresser and a vintage lamp on top. And wait, are those boxes on top of the dresser jigsaw puzzles?
(5) Light blue sheer curtains that allow day light to come in.
(6) Japanese paper lantern, and a shelf full of CDs and other cutesy stuff. (Oh look, she’s still holding that cactus.)
(7) Purple pillow cases and comforter with intricate velvet floral details, which, apparently, are being sold in ebay.
Apparently, the walls in Bella’s room were green, not blue. It did look blue in the daylight because of the blue curtains and the blue bed sheet that were major elements in the color scheme. The green hues were more obvious in the night shots, though.
For the thousandth time since I moved to this condominium, I wish I could paint my walls. Or that I had my own house I could paint colors with. But right, for now, I have to make the most out of the (dirty) white walls that this condo unit came with. (I’m starting to get excited about the possibilities).
Like I said, I’m not about to replicate Bella’s room. Except for maybe three things:
(1) The purple and blue combination.
(2) The japanese paper lantern.
And (3) the dragonfly lights. (Or christmas lights, which I’ve ranting about for a while now.)
Okay, four things.
(4) The photo mural slash cork board. (Time to stock up on polaroid film!)
It’s time to make my bedroom look less dull, and then maybe I’d start spending more time in bed and getting some sleep! I’ll post an update on this one. c”,)