This post about Spinkie’s Bitbit the Rabbit was first published on ThisMommyLife.com.
When my husband and I were thinking about what to get our twins for their first Christmas, we both agreed that we won’t be giving them clothes. Newborns outgrow their clothes too fast; besides, they already have a LOT of clothes from their baby showers, enough to last them til they’re 2 years old!
And since these were their first Christmas gifts, we wanted to give Dawn and Rain something they’d be able to use for a long time, something we’d be able to carry with us wherever we go, and something that would look good in photographs!
After searching the web (and the malls!) for weeks, I came across these plush bunnies by Spinkie, they call them “Bitbit the Rabbit” and I knew then that we found the perfect gifts.
Spinkie’s Bitbit the Rabbit is available in some multiply and Facebook shops. We first chanced upon them in Numa Baby Store in E. Rodriguez. Sometimes, you’ll find Spinkie in bazaars too. But it’s only in Zalora that I was able to find stocks of this specific color, the Flamingo Pink Bitbit the Rabbit.
What I love about Spinkie’s Bitbit the Rabbit:
- You can “bitbit” (carry) it wherever you go! Lol, I wonder if that’s why it’s called “Bitbit” in the first place. It’s small enough to fit your diaper bag or your hand carry, but big enough for your baby to cuddle.
- It’s designed for newborns. It’s made of non-allergenic material which is safe for biting and snuggling. It’s even designed to help with teething and sleep assistance.
- It’s pretty and it looks really good in photographs. Which is important to me because obviously babies won’t remember anything from their first two years, and it’s only through photographs that they’ll have a recollection of them. I want to be able to tell them when they’re older, “hey, those are your first Christmas gifts from Mommy and Daddy!” Here are some instagrams of our twins with their Spinkies:
- It’s proudly Filipino made. While it originated in Singapore, Spinkie is the brainchild of Filipina mompreunuer, former beauty queen Mutya Laxa-Buensuceso. I didn’t know this at first, I actually thought I was buying imported stuff. That’s why I was pleasantly surprised to know that it’s a local brand after all.
- It’s a little hard to find. This should probably fall under the “What I DON’T like about the product” category, but the fact that it’s not readily available everywhere means there are only a few pieces of this thing, which kinda makes it novelty.
So happy with our finds! True enough, we bring these bunnies E V E R Y W H E R E they’re starting to feel like actual members of the family! <3