When it comes to staycation places, I personally like being within the comforts of the familiar. Preferably somewhere near, with a supermarket close by (because I don’t know what to do if we suddenly ran out of.. snacks), and in a city we know like the back of our hands. Seda Vertis North definitely falls within my “comfort zone criteria” so we’re happy to finally—finally—have this opportunity to experience what it has to offer.
(See what I did there. No? Ok.) Living in the north side of the metro my whole life, I consider Quezon City my turf. This is where I went to college, settled down as a young professional, and spent the precious first years of our marriage and family life. Trinoma and SM North were like an extension of our home, and the Tomas Morato – Kamuning – E. Rodriguez neighborhoods were basically where our life revolved.
It wasn’t until about 2 years ago when we decided to pack up and move (back) to my family’s ancestral home in Caloocan. Still in the north, but worlds away from the “city life” that we knew. While living in Caloocan comes with its own familiar charm and uniqueness, we do miss the hustle and bustle of our QC life. And so we’re happy to be back, even for just a weekend. :)
A luxury staycation place in the north side of town
Seda Vertis North and Ayala Vertis Mall are the new kids on the block. Specifically that block along North EDSA that’s becoming the fastest-growing hub in Quezon City.
We always wanted to book a weekend at Seda (any Seda Hotel, really!) so when we were planning for one last summer hurrah—slash belated birthday retreat slash mother’s day + father’s day celebrations slash basically any excuse to splurge on a staycation—we know we didn’t have to go too far.
Trivia: Did you know that Seda Vertis is a 5-Star Hotel?
I wasn’t aware of it until I was researching for this post. :)
But it was definitely a 5-star hotel experience for us so I was not surprised to confirm that Seda Vertis is indeed recognized as a 5-star hotel.
The largest Seda Hotel branch in the country, Seda Vertis North boasts of 438 rooms and modern facilities thoughtfully designed for local and international guests, businessmen, families, and staycationers alike.
I’ve always appreciated the way Ayala Land develops its properties, whether it’s a shopping center, a resort, a condominium, a hotel. You can expect each one to be thoughtfully designed with a touch of cozy, style, and Filipino vibe that’s distinctly Ayala Land. So much that you can easily identify an Ayala Land project when you see one.
Seda Hotel branches are no different. You immediately feel the unique Seda vibe the moment you step inside and soak in the details of the place.
Disclosure: This post may have affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
The cozy vibe of the lobby immediately makes you feel welcome; there’s an iMac station to while away time; the interiors are designed with both modern and traditional Filipino elements.
Once checked-in, you find that
Seda Vertis North is truly a staycation heaven!
It’s impossible to not compare Seda to more established 5-stars like Sofitel, Shangri-la, or The Peninsula. Seda definitely feels more modern and hip, kinda like being the youngest, more stylish, millennial sibling in the 5-star family. And unlike its 5-star counterparts, you’ll also find Seda Vertis rates more friendly and affordable. Not to mention, very proudly Filipino.
Seda Vertis Rooms
We stayed in one of the Club Rooms, perfect for our family of four. Naturally, a photo session was the first order of business. These kids grow so fast and we want to remember these little years forever! (Look at how small they were in this Sofitel staycation!)
There’s so much to do at Seda Vertis—from recreation and relaxation to good food and nightlife, all within its massive 24-storey complex. But none of these amenities matter to our daughters who only had their eyes set on the swimming pool.
We were checked-in on the 5th floor just 2 floors above the sun deck area. Our room had a nice view of the pool, and you bet, the whole time we were taking these photos, all we could hear the girls say was,
“Are we done here? Can we swim now?”
The Sun Deck and Swimming Pool
The 3rd level sun deck is the ultimate bonding place for the whole family. There’s an adult pool and a kiddie pool, a playground, and a pool bar. Recently they also added a mini food park that I believe only opens on weekends. They started serving food at around 5 PM when we were there. You can order from a variety of street food and fast food, from squid balls and nachos, to burgers and pasta.
But the highlight of it all, according to Dawn and Rain: Pool time!
I don’t mind sharing this guy with the little women but, excuse me girls, gotta have some QT for myself too! >.<
The other side of the pool bar is where the playground and food park are. There was so much space to run around and play! With picnic tables within sight of the play area, parents can take a breather and relax while the kids freely enjoy themselves.
As the sun sets, the deck transforms into a completely different place, almost magical with all the string lights lit up. We initially thought of checking out Straight Up, the more formal roof deck bar at the top floor, maybe when the kids had fallen asleep or something.
Alas, we were too tired to get out of the room (story of our life). And so this quick takas-moment by the pool bar, while my brother and nephew, who were visiting, watched over the twins—was all the “Seda nightlife” we got. Parental life, what can I say.
Then again, I’d take any moment with this one!
Overall, considering that we even managed to capture some token couple-photos while enjoying 45 minutes of quiet—and one round of drinks, thank you—all to ourselves, guys, we shall consider this an absolute win.
Seda Vertis Booking Tips
- Check-in early. Take note that Seda Vertis has 438 rooms, which means, LOTS of guests. Checking in early is welcome and dropping your bags with the concierge is a breeze. With Ayala Vertis Mall just right next door, you can while away time, maybe even have lunch, until the standard 2 pm check-in.
- Stay on a weekday. Although the hotel staff is well-trained to accommodate hundreds of guests at a time, it’s safe to assume that Seda Vertis gets crowded on weekends. Book on a weekday for a quieter experience if you can, although, to be honest, the weekend crowd was not bad at all too! (We enjoyed our family-oriented crowd when we were there. The twins made a handful of friends while in the pool.)
- Best rates. You can wait for periodical promos through their website Sedahotels.com or get the best rates via Agoda. If you’re a regular Agoda user, definitely book through Agoda to collect those points! ;)
Lastly, although we didn’t take photos anymore after the first day, here are a few more thoughts to add:
- The breakfast buffet was a feast. Aside from brekky food, there was also a variety of Filipino, Asian, American, Continental spread to choose from. In classic pinoy fashion, we intentionally waited for the last hour to have our breakfast so we can eat enough to cover lunch. :D
- Try booking at Seda without kids too. We wish we tried the spa (only Php 1000 per hour) and the Straight Up bar. They also have a business lounge that looks like a good place to get some work and writing done. Which is why we look forward to possibly going back without the kids—but they don’t have to know that ok?
- Scout’s Honor. There’s a great cookie place across the Seda vicinity called Scout’s Honor. If you’re still full from eating too much brekky food, go take out some Scout’s Honor cookies before you go home. I always drop by Scout’s Honor whenever we’re in Vertis because, well, cookie is life.
FINAL VERDICT: Seda Vertis is officially our favorite hotel in all of Quezon City, and maybe all of the north. And now with this lovely experience and all the new memories we gained within its walls, I would not hesitate booking Seda again, not only the one in QC but also if we ever find ourselves in any of its locations.
Highly recommended! ♥
About Seda Hotels
Seda is the Filipino word for silk. It is the symbol of our commitment to weave together seamless service, exceptional value, and exciting destination, for a remarkable hospitality experience. Seda Hotels provide comfort and convenience blended with Filipino talent and creativity — all uniquely Seda.
Seda Vertis is the largest hotel in the north. A 5-star hotel located in the economic hub of Quezon City, the 438-room hotel offers stylish accommodations, exquisite flavors, and grand banquet and meeting venues. It is a few steps to Vertis North and Trinoma Malls with their range of international fashion brands and home-grown dining outlets.
Contact and Location details
Seda Vertis North