I have a thing for paper and journals and calendars and to-do lists—they keep me going, they inspire me to be productive, not to mention, they actually make me productive. This 2014, The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf‘s Giving Journal was my planner of choice, and it was a choice that got me right up to the very last page. This little black book kept me sane all year! And because it can fit whatever bag I carried, it went with me wherever I went.
Now, looking at the pages of my 2014 Giving Journal is like looking at a quick summary of 2014. It was a great productivity tool for the whole year, and now it makes for a good memorabilia of the year that was. Tiny tick boxes with checks and x’es mark the things that were accomplished and tasks that were set aside for later. Movie tickets taped on its pages, which are remembrances of those much-needed date nights. Washi tapes that marked holidays, design projects, special occasions. Bible verses scribbled on the pages’ margins, marking God’s go-signals, affirmations, and revelations. And sometimes, empty pages that marked days that were spent doing nothing.
This 2015, the CBTL Giving Journal was made even better. The size is bigger, giving more space for note-taking and more room for making plans. There are 4 colors to choose from (purple, green, orange and brown), and as you can see, I picked the brown one! ;)
One other thing that Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf has done extremely well last year was the community they built around this planner. The #brewyourbestyear and #brew2014 hashtags are widely used across various social spaces, and have become a source of inspiration for users and non-users alike. Their Facebook and Instagram pages are filled with quotes and prompts and beautiful imagery that will inspire you to create more and be more and dream more.
The best part is knowing that beyond the pages of this little book, CBTL is able to support less fortunate families by sending select children to school, which is the very essence of The Giving Journal.
In the words of our CBTL’s CEO: “The concept is very simple—it’s about reminding people that they can make a huge difference in their own and other people’s lives by growing to become the best version of themselves—to realize that their lives are brimming with opportunities to share and then prompt them to give back. As we all look forward to 2015, it is my sincere prayer that the Giving Journal can help all of us brew our best year, and that we will always be moved to love, give and serve.” Read more about it here.
I got mine quite early this year, sometime towards the first week of December, much thanks to the awesome people at Coffee Bean. If you haven’t decided yet what planner to use this 2015, I highly recommend CBTL’s The Giving Journal! It’s straightforward, it’s handy, it comes with lots of inspiration, and the design and typography are pretty awesome.
You have until January 11, 2015 to collect stickers and enjoy Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf’s yummy holiday drinks! The Red Velvet Ice Blended drink is my favorite. :)
How to avail of The CBTL Giving Journal 2015:
1. A minimum single-receipt purchase of a regular or large sized Original Ice Blended®, Espresso/Coffee-based, or Tea-based Beverage, Frozen Swirl or CBTL™ capsules qualifies a customer to get a stamp card.
2. Each card consists of 12 circles with corresponding purchased drink/item assignments. These are as follows:
(1) Original Ice Blended® (any flavor, regular or large)
(1) Tea Latte (any flavor, regular or large)
(1) Espresso/Coffee-based Beverage (any flavor, double, regular or large)
(1) Holiday Featured Beverage (Winter Dream Tea Latte or Red Velvet, regular or large)
Any (8) Original Ice Blended®, Espresso/Coffee-based or Tea-based Beverages, or Frozen Swirl (any flavor, double, regular or large)
(1) Box of CBTL™ capsules (any flavor) = 2 stamps
(1) CBTL™ Single Serve Beverage System (Kaldi, Contata and or Desto) purchase automatically allows the customer to claim his/her 2015 Giving Journal
3. Stamp card must always be presented UPON PURCHASE so that a circle may be stamped whenever its corresponding product assignment is purchased
4. Once all 12 circles are stamped and completed IN ONE STAMP CARD, customer will be able to claim The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® 2015 Giving Journal at any The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® branch. Combining of stamps cards is not allowed.
5. The completed stamp card should be presented and surrendered to the branch where The Giving Journal will be claimed. The cashier will punch the stamp card to prevent reuse.
6. Not valid in conjunction with other promos.
7. Promo period is from October 25, 2014 to January 11, 2015.
8. The 2015 Giving Journal may be claimed at any The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® branch all throughout the promo period from October 25, 2014 to January 11, 2015, or until 60 days after the promo has ended.
Full disclosure: Although mine is a complementary planner from the CBTL team, these recommendations and opinion about The Giving Journal are ALL MINE. I love this product, no doubt. :)